Wht Teens Working at Movie Theater?
Movie theaters are a popular job among teens because they offer a variety of entry-level jobs that are well suited for teens with little to no work experience or professional skills. Movie theaters frequently employee teenage workers to perform everyday tasks at movie theaters. If you are interested in a job at a movie theater or you are considering recommending a movie theater job to your teen, read on to find out more with this essential guide.
What Jobs Teens Can Apply at Movie Theater?
There are several different jobs that teens may be employed for in a movie theater. The following are the three most common jobs:
- Usher: An usher will take tickets from movie theater guests or if the theater employees mobile tickets, they will scan the digital tickets on a customer’s phone. Ushers will also be expected to point out the location of a guest’s assigned seats and if necessary, help guests find the seat if they need assistance. Ushers are also responsible for cleaning movie theater screening rooms after a movie has finished, which will involve sweeping popcorn, throwing out trash, and sanitizing seats.
- Cashier: A cashier is someone who works behind the counters at a movie theater. Cashiers may work behind the ticket counter and be responsible for selling tickets or they may work behind the counter at the concession stand. Cashiers at the concession stand will likely be required to scoop popcorn and put together orders as well.
- Servers: Many modern movie theaters have a variety of food and dining options that calls for theaters to hire servers. Servers at a movie theater may be responsible for scooping popcorn, making drinks, making pizza or other concession items in the kitchen; as well as bringing popcorn and other food to a customer’s seats before or during a movie.
Pros and Cons of Working in a Movie Theater
There are both pros and cons for teens working in a movie theater. It’s important to consider these carefully if you or your teen are interested in applying for a movie theater position.
Pros of Working in a Movie Theater
- Steady employment: movie theaters provide a means for steady employment for teens, who will be able to set money aside for cars, personal items, and save up for adulthood
- Solid work experience: Movie theaters help teens build confidence in their interpersonal skills, math skills if they work at a register, and generally promote a god work ethic
- Free popcorn and concessions: Most movie theaters allow employees to have access to free popcorn and even limited amounts of other concession items
Cons of Working in a Movie Theater
- Will be expected to work evenings and weekends: the busiest types for movie theaters are evenings and especially weekends, so teens with a movie theater job will rarely have weekends free
- Busy openings can be hectic: Opening weekend, especially for popular films, can be hectic and overwhelming for a teen’s first job
Is a movie theater job right for you or your teen? It all depends on your personality and schedule! If you are trying to decide if this is the right job for you or your teen, consider the above guide carefully. Below is the list of movie theaters which you can apply as a teenager.