What facts should you know about Cinemark?
- Cinemark Theatre was first started by Lee Roy Mitchell in California, Texas, and Utah in 1984
- The company’s headquarters is located in Plano, Texas
- There are more than 2,000 stores in 45 states and District of Columbia
- Cinemark is an American movie theatre chain which has several brands, under its flagship Cinemark, Cinemark XD, CinéArts, Century Theatres, Tinseltown USA, and Rave Cinemas
Teen Jobs at Cinemark
What jobs teenagers can apply at Cinemark?
Box Office / Cashier
You are responsible to sell tickets to movies and special events. You will accept payment and give correct change. You must maintain the box office area clean and clutter-free. You will be working over the phone or at the ticket window. You must know pass-restricted movies, feature starting & ending times, movie ratings, and even questions about movie content. You must be good in math to make correct change. You will also deal with refunds, coupons, passes, and Supersavers.
You will be responsible to clean theatre and its property including restroom, carpets, doors, floors, seats, walls, sidewalks, parking lots, concession stands during non-operating hours. You know how to use cleaning equipment like brooms, dust pans, mops, vacuum cleaners, and shampooers.
You will provide suggestive selling techniques to the customers for popcorn, hot dogs, soft drinks, candies, ice cream, coffee, and other food items. You must maintain the concession and restaurant supplies are well stocked. You work as a snack bar attendant, selling food and drink to the customers. You will perform cleaning and re-stocking duties in preparation for customers when there is no customers around.
Your job is not only to tear the tickets and to greet the customers when they enter the theatre. Inside the theatre, you will make sure that the sound and the picture are perfect in each auditorium. You will inform the managers about seating availability. Between shows, you must clean the auditoriums in preparation for the next showing.
Cinemark Job Application
How to apply jobs at Cinemark as a teenager? You must be at least 16 years of age to work at Cinemark. You need to apply online, no phone calls.
Cinemark Job Interview Questions
- How would you deal with an upset customer?
- Do you work well in high pressure situations?
- What do you plan on doing after high school?
- What days are you available to work?
- Do you have any prior experience working with giving change or using a register?
Cinemark Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will receive an easy to learn job training to prepare your work
- You will get 50% off concession items during your break and take home free popcorn after your shift
- A flexible working hours suitable for student employee
- You will get free tickets for you and a guest daily