Facts about jobs for 14 years old
- Fourteen is the minimum age which teenagers are allowed to work as other older teens do, but limited by work types and hours.
- You may only work outside school hours and cannot work more than 3 hours on school day, including Friday.
- Jobs for 14 year olds include retail occupations, magazine or newspaper delivery, racking leaves, food service such as washing, cleaning and limited cooking.
- You may not work as lifeguard if you are still 14.
Jobs for 14 that you may not know exist
- Bakery Clerk. Giant Eagle in certain cities allows 14 years old to apply as part time bakery clerk.
- Games Attendant. If you can apply as a Games Attendant on Six Flags amusement park, other amusement parks may also accept your application.
- Parking Attendant, Asst. Program Instructor, Food Service Attendant, Wait Staff, Personal Shopper.
Companies with most online job listings for age 14
- Fareway Stores
- Giant Eagle
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
- Six Flags
Many youth employment programs also starts from age 14. Usually these programs open their application 2-3 months before summer.
Find youth employment programs now.