What Jobs Can 15 Years Old Get?
15-years-old are welcomed to apply jobs mostly during the summer time, especially at water parks, retail stores, groceries, and also at fast food restaurants. Some job titles that you can apply are Customer Service Representative, Stay and Play Attendant, Team Member, Lifeguard, Basketball Scorekeepers/Timers, Camp Counselor, Dishwasher, and many more. This job trend for 15 year olds may also give you an idea.
Jobs that 15 Year Olds Teenager Can Do According to Federal Law
- Intellectual or creative work such as computer programming, teaching, tutoring, singing, acting, or playing an instrument;
- Errands or delivery work by foot, bicycle and public transportation;
- Clean-up and yard work which does not include using power-driven mowers, cutters, trimmers, edgers, or similar equipment;
- Work in connection with cars and trucks such as dispensing gasoline or oil and washing or hand polishing;
- Some kitchen and food service work including reheating food, washing dishes, cleaning equipment, and limited cooking;
- Cleaning vegetables and fruits, wrapping sealing, and labeling, weighing pricing, and stocking of items when performed in areas separate from a freezer or meat cooler;
- Loading or unloading objects for use at a worksite including rakes, hand-held clippers, and shovels;
- 14 and 15-year-olds who meet certain requirements can perform limited tasks in sawmills and woodshops; and
- 15-year-olds who meet certain requirements can perform lifeguard duties at traditional swimming pools and water amusement parks.
When Can 15 Year Olds Teenager Work?
Referring to US Department of Labor, acceptable working hours for 15 years old is as follows:
- 3 hours on a school day;
- 18 hours in a school week;
- 8 hours on a non-school day;
- 40 hours in a non-school week; and
- between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., except from June 1 through Labor Day, when nighttime work hours are extended to 9 p.m.
How Much Wages Would 15 Year Olds Teenager Be Paid?
According to The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), since you are under 20 years of age, you will be paid as little as $4.25 per hour during your first 90 consecutive calendar days (not work days) of employment with an employer.
After 90 days of employment, or if you reaches age 20 (whichever comes first), you must be paid the federal minimum wage, $7.25 per hour.
Do 15 Year Old Teenager Need A Work Permit?
Nearly all minors are required to obtain a work permit. To obtain a work permit, you must first be hired by an employer. School counselors may be able to advise if a work permit is needed before getting a job.
Some states may require the employer to provide the accredited school in the school district where you reside with written notice that they intend to hire you, as well as the hours you will work and the types of duties you will perform. The school will then issue your work permit.
Do 15 Year Old Teenager Need Age Certificate?
If the employer requires certification of age, either you or the employer must apply for the age certificate with birth certificate, or baptismal record, or a school record of your age. Some states only issue age certification for minors ages 16-20 years old.
Who Hires 15 Years Old Teenager?
Six Flags, Seven Peaks, Lagoon are hiring especially during summer
McDonald’s, Runza, Arby’s always has entry level jobs to be filled
Winn-Dixie, Publix, Giant Eagle are usually hiring especially for new openings
To be honest, not many companies employ 15-year-olds. Luckily we have a list of Companies that Hire 15 Year Olds based on thorough research from our team that might be useful for you to get started.