AMC Theatres Quick Facts
- AMC Theatres was founded by the Dubinsky Brothers (Maurice, Edward, and Barney) on January 1, 1920, in Kansas City, which is its headquarter up until now
- It was then acquired in May 2012 by Wanda Group, a Chinese multinational conglomerate based in Beijing
- AMC employs approximately 39,000 full- and part-time associates as of the end of 2017
- As of 2018, AMC operates approximately 1,000 theatres and 11,000 screens worldwide. It serves more than 250 million guests in the U.S. each year
Teen Jobs at AMC Theatres
How old do you have to be to work at AMC theatres? Does AMC theatres hire 16 year olds? Depending on job position you apply and your state labor law, AMC Theatre clearly states that:
We often provide offers for employment to persons between the ages of 14-17, based on the times that they can work as indicated by their school work permits
So can a 14 year old work at AMC theatre? Again, it depends on the labor laws which vary from state to state, so you should find your local theatre and ask the manager. However, based on our research, there are only few jobs require you to be at least 16 years old such as Busser or Crew Member, nevertheless age 14 may probably apply as an Usher. Let’s see what other jobs teenagers can apply at AMC Theatre.
Your duties are taking orders from the customers for food and beverage accurately; relaying orders to the kitchen staff for preparation, and delivering prepared food to guests. You must have full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations. Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverage will need to be 18 and in some states 21.
You are responsible to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation standard of all cooking utensils, china, stemware, flatware and working area during your shift. You will sweep and mop the stockrooms and do walk-in refrigerator on night shift to make sure you have locked and secure food and equipment properly. Requires age 18 or older.
Your main responsibility is to do daily concession maintenance duties such as greeting, directing guests and tearing tickets. You will monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, lighting, temperature, and guest behaviors.
Other jobs teen can apply at AMC Theatres (age 18 or older with previous experience) are Cashier, Cook, Supervisor, Kitchen Manager, Manager and Bartender (at least 21 years old).
AMC Theatre Job Application
How to apply jobs at AMC Theatres as a teenager?
- Check first if there is AMC Theatre near you
- Go to AMC Theatre careers page
- You can apply for kitchen work or in the studio
How much does AMC Theatres pay an hour? According to PayScale, the average hourly rate for AMC Theatres is $10.7 — While according to Glassdoor, the entry level jobs hourly pay is $9 (end of 2019).
AMC Theatre Job Interview Questions
- Name a brand you are loyal to or are no longer loyal to and why?
- Name a time you were unhappy with the customer service?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What is an accomplishment you are proud of and why?
- What do you think would be the most challenging part of the job?
AMC Theatres Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get 50% discount for foods and candies but no discount for drink
- You get free pass to watch movie and one free ticket for a guess
- A flexible working hours suitable for students
- You will get paid hand on training and certificate
- AMC Theatres Fact Sheet
- What are the age requirements for working at AMC?
- PayScale Average Hourly Rate for AMC Theatres
Is There AMC Theatres Near Me?
Needs to find AMC Theatres nearby? Find AMC Theatres near you