What facts should you know about Rue21?
- Rue21 was originally the rename of Pennsylvania Fashions that signed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- It was then reopened under the name of Rue21 in May, 2003
- The company’s headquarters is located in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- There are more than 1,618 stores in 33 states
- Rue21 is an American clothing retailer of teenagers age 11- to 17-year-olds who aspires to be 21
- It sells casual apparel and accessories as well as perfumes
Teen Jobs at Rue21
What jobs teenagers can apply at Rue21?
You will serve and inspire every guest through customer interaction, fitting room assistance, and suggestive selling. You must have full knowledge of merchandise apparel and accessories as well as perfumes that the company offers.
You will perform responsibility in receiving, preparing, and storing of merchandise in the Distribution Center. You will unload merchandise from trailer, re-label cases for damages barcodes, and always keep the work area clean and free of clutter.
You must maintain organization of back stock apparel and accessories; do all shipment processing on timely bases. You will be scheduled based on shipment delivery to store, so you must be willing to work on various working shift based on the store’s business needs and shipment volume.
Rue21 Job Application
How to apply jobs at Rue21 as a teenager?
To work at rue21, you need to be at least 16 and have a valid work permit (if applicable). Visit rue21 Career page and search for jobs you are interested in.
Internship at rue21
At certain times of the year rue21 have internships available at rue21 Support Center in Warrendale, PA and at rue21 Distribution Center in Weirton, West Virginia. Interns have been hosted in a variety of departments at rue21 including Merchandising, Real Estate, Legal, Finance, Planning, Construction, Logistics, Allocation, Marketing, eCommerce, and others.
The recruitment for rue21 Summer Internship Program begins in late fall and ends in early spring or when all positions have been filled. During this recruitment season, you can view and apply to internship positions available on rue21 Internship page.
Rue21 Job Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you think is the style going on right now in fashion?
- Who’s your fashion in inspiration?
- What are your weaknesses?
- When is your availability?
Rue21 Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get a 40% discount on clothes and sometimes even 60%
- You must sell perfumes at Rue21 as an obligation
- A flexible working hours suitable for students
- You will get 2 days hands on and informative training