- In 1931, E. Maurice Labovitz opened a small women’s clothing store in Duluth, Minnesota, called Maurices.
- Founded in 1931 in Duluth, the chain comprises more than 1,000 stores in the U.S. and Canada, primarily located in shopping malls and smaller towns.
- In March 2019, Ascena sold a majority stake in Maurices to a U.S. subsidiary of London-based private equity firmOpCapita LLP at a valuation of $300 million.
- Presently, Maurices has over 990 stores with 9000 employees
- In 1967, Joel Labovitz began operating control
- In 1978, the Brenninkmeyer family acquired Maurices
- In 2005, it was acquired by Dressbarn, Inc.
- In 2009, Dressbarn, Inc. acquired Justice chain
- In 2011, Dressbarn Inc., changed its name to Ascena Retail Group
- In 2015, Ascena acquired ANN, Inc.
The minimum age to work at Maurices is 18 years old. The available part-time jobs are Part-time Stylists, Part-time Stock Associate, and Part-time Warehouse Associate. Below are some of the duties of these part-time jobs:
- Knowledgeable in the current fashion trends and the styles that the brand offers
- Give customers with notable service and long-term relationships
- Endorse clothes to the customers according to their preference and character
- Be the ambassador of the brand representing the fashion, style
Part-time Stock Associate
- Make sure that new product is on the floor and available to clients
- Oversee items into and out of stock room accurately
- Follow the Loss Prevention standards when processing the shipment and other back room transactions
- Complete change of price
- Wraps the items
- Lift and carry more or less 20 pound
Part-time Warehouse Associate
- prepare and pack items into boxes to ship to stores
- Use radio frequency scanner in packing merchandise into store cartons
- Ticket / re-ticket items before packing
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Sort items
Maurices Job Application
At Maurices’ webpage, visit the careers page. Look for the phrase, “discover the possibilities” . From this page, click Retail Careers or Distribution Centers. These pages show part-time positions. Click the jobs to apply. You can also visit the warehouses or stores near you to apply.
Maurices Interview Questions
- How should your relationship be with the rest of the employees?
- Who is your style icon?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What can you contribute to the company?
- How would you encourage a client to choose a style that you recommend?
Employee of Maurices may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Care Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Free Financial Planning Service through Employee Assistance Plan
- Stock Awards
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
Is There Maurices Near Me?
As of May, 2019 Maurices is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - Locations might change in time as Maurices open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Maurices nearby? Find Maurices near you