- In 1931, E. Maurice Labovitz opened a small women’s clothing store in Duluth, Minnesota, called Maurices.
- Founded in 1931 in Duluth, the chain comprises more than 1,000 stores in the U.S. and Canada, primarily located in shopping malls and smaller towns.
- In March 2019, Ascena sold a majority stake in Maurices to a U.S. subsidiary of London-based private equity firmOpCapita LLP at a valuation of $300 million.
- Presently, Maurices has over 990 stores with 9000 employees
- In 1967, Joel Labovitz began operating control
- In 1978, the Brenninkmeyer family acquired Maurices
- In 2005, it was acquired by Dressbarn, Inc.
- In 2009, Dressbarn, Inc. acquired Justice chain
- In 2011, Dressbarn Inc., changed its name to Ascena Retail Group
- In 2015, Ascena acquired ANN, Inc.
The minimum age to work at Maurices is 18 years old. The available part-time jobs are Part-time Stylists, Part-time Stock Associate, and Part-time Warehouse Associate. Below are some of the duties of these part-time jobs:
- Knowledgeable in the current fashion trends and the styles that the brand offers
- Give customers with notable service and long-term relationships
- Endorse clothes to the customers according to their preference and character
- Be the ambassador of the brand representing the fashion, style
Part-time Stock Associate
- Make sure that new product is on the floor and available to clients
- Oversee items into and out of stock room accurately
- Follow the Loss Prevention standards when processing the shipment and other back room transactions
- Complete change of price
- Wraps the items
- Lift and carry more or less 20 pound
Part-time Warehouse Associate
- prepare and pack items into boxes to ship to stores
- Use radio frequency scanner in packing merchandise into store cartons
- Ticket / re-ticket items before packing
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Sort items
Maurices Job Application
At Maurices’ webpage, visit the careers page. Look for the phrase, “discover the possibilities” . From this page, click Retail Careers or Distribution Centers. These pages show part-time positions. Click the jobs to apply. You can also visit the warehouses or stores near you to apply.
Maurices Interview Questions
- How should your relationship be with the rest of the employees?
- Who is your style icon?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What can you contribute to the company?
- How would you encourage a client to choose a style that you recommend?
Employee of Maurices may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Care Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Free Financial Planning Service through Employee Assistance Plan
- Stock Awards
- Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
Is There Maurices Near Me?
Needs to find Maurices nearby? Find Maurices near you