What facts should you know about Shopko?
- Shopko is an American retail store chain located majority in the Central, Western and Pacific Northwest regions
- The store offers services on health care like pharmacy and eye care center
- Shopko was founded in 1962 by James Ruben in Ashwaubenon, WI
- Currently the headquarter is in Green Bay, WI
- There are more than 363 stores in 26 states
Teen Jobs at Shopko
What jobs teenagers can apply at Shopko?
In-Store Ads Auditor
You are responsible to verify the store signage matches with the advertising price in the weekly ads. You will proofread all ad signs for accuracy and document all findings clearly and concisely to assist the signing team.
You are responsible in assisting the customers to locate the needed merchandise on the salesfloor and answering their questions. You will maintain the merchandise stock and organize the display on the salesfloor.
You are responsible to scan and bag merchandise accurately. You will handle money and process the payment. You know how to operate cash register and assist to answer customer questions.
Shopko Job Application
How to apply jobs at Shopko as a teenager?
You must be at least 16 year old to be eligible to apply for jobs at Shopko. One of the best things about working at Shopko is the flexibility of scheduling. If you need to get off for a special event, or decide to attend college, most of the managers will work with you.
You must realize that this is a retail environment, which does mean you will be working some nights, weekends and holidays. People who stay working in retail do so because they truly enjoy working and interacting with people and the thought of sitting at a desk for 8 hours or standing in a factory doing the same thing over and over is incomprehensible.
Teammates and their dependent family members are eligible for scholarships through the Shopko Scholarship Program, which are awarded on an annual basis. They typically give $50,000 for 20 scholarships to their Shopko families. Besides, Shopko also supports the educational initiatives of Pharmacy students by providing scholarship awards at 18 schools of pharmacy across the United States.
Shopko is also committed to providing entry level opportunities to people interested in pursuing a career in retail, pharmacy, eye care & corporate support. Shopko actively recruits talent at many campus recruiting events throughout the year.
Shopko Job Interview Questions
- What are some examples of bad customer service that you have experienced?
- Who do you consider to be your role model?
- What was the best customer service you’ve ever received?
- Why should we hire you?
- How long have you stayed at a job?
Shopko Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will receive 30% discount for Shopko Pharmacy and Optical while everything else is a 10% off (excluded paper products and electronics)
- There is on the Job Training for new employees
- A flexible schedule to fit your needs and school life
- You will receive hotel discounts, which is very nice