First of all you should read the information below about Dollar Tree
- The uniqueness of Dollar Tree stores is selling variety of items with only $1 or less
- The founder of Dollar Tree Store was K.R. Perry who started the company name in 1953 with Ben Franklin in Norfolk, VA
- The headquarter of this company is in Chesapeake, VA
- They have more than 13,600 store locations in the United States and Canada
Teen jobs at Dollar Tree
Minimum age to apply at Dollar Tree is generally 16 years old. Here are some jobs at Dollar Tree which teenagers usually can apply.
Sales Floor Associates
This job position will require you to meet and greet customers in order to help make sales, and also to answer questions about products, services and merchandise. You will get training which generally lasts for several days that includes visual and verbal instructions on employment policies, protocols and tasks.
To work as a stocker you must be a diligent and hardworking individual because you will receive and unload piles of merchandise to the stock room and mark them with identifying codes. Furthermore, you will also be responsible in organizing the product items and keeping record of the sale.
Your ability to organize and report merchandise is required for this job position. You must be able to process requests and supply orders. You are obligated to maintain safety guidelines for stocked items and keep the stock room clean.
As a cashier you will not only operate cash register and able to handle exchange and refund in quick manner but you should also have a good skill in customer service and possess an attractive personality.
Dollar Tree job application
How to apply jobs at Dollar Tree as a teenager?
- Firstly, check if there is any Dollar Tree location near you
- Then, download and print Dollar Tree job application form
- Finally, fill it out and then submit it to the nearest Dollar Tree store you would like to apply
Dollar Tree job interview questions
When you are called for an interview at Dollar Tree you might be asked these questions
- Why do you want to work here?
- Have you ever handled cash before?
- Have you ever done stock before?
- This job involves you working shifts and lifting items weighing between 20 – 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?
- When can you start?
Dollar Tree job perks and drawbacks
- You will only get bonuses when target sales are reached
- Everything is $1 so there is no employee discount
- You will not get paid for any unused vacation time
- Flexible working hours for part time employee
Is There Dollar Tree Near Me?
Cannot find a location? Find Dollar Tree near you