Jobs for Teenagers at Dollar Tree
What information should you know about Dollar Tree?
- The founder of Dollar Tree Store was K.R. Perry who started the company name with Ben Franklin in Norfolk, Virginia which later became the predecessor of Dollar Tree store in 1953
- The first five locations of Dollar Tree stores were opened by Macon Brock, Doug Perry, and Ray Compton in 1986, one in Tennessee, one in Georgia, and three in Virginia
- The headquarter of this company is in Chesapeake, Virginia
- There are more than 13,600 store locations in the United States and Canada
- The uniqueness of Dollar Tree stores is selling variety of items with only $1 or less
Teen Jobs at Dollar Tree
Minimum age to apply at Dollar Tree is 16 years old. What jobs teenagers can apply at Dollar Tree?
Sales Floor Associates meets and greets customers to help make sales, and answers questions about products, services and merchandise. Training generally lasts for several days and includes visual and verbal instructions on employment policies, protocols and tasks.
A Stocker must be a diligent and hardworking individual. You are able to receive and unload merchandise to the stock room and mark them with identifying codes. You are responsible in organizing items and keeping record of the sale.
Your ability to organize and report merchandise is required. You must be able to process requests and supply orders. You are obligated to maintain safety guidelines for stocked items and keep the stock room clean.
A Cashier can operate cash register and able to handle exchange and refund in quick manner. You are good in customer service and have attractive personality.
Dollar Tree Job Application
How to apply jobs at Dollar Tree as a teenager?
- Check if there is any Dollar Tree Location near you
- Download and print Dollar Tree Job Application Form (PDF)
- Fill it out and then submit it to the Store Manager to the nearest Dollar Tree you want to apply.
Working at Dollar Tree Video
A video by Alejandra Demers
Dollar Tree Job Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work here?
- Have you ever handled cash before?
- Have you ever done stock before?
- This job involves you working shifts and lifting items weighing between 20 – 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?
- When can you start?
Dollar Tree Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will only get bonuses when target sales are reached
- Everything is $1 so there is no employee discount
- You will not get paid for any unused vacation time
- Flexible working hours for part time employee