What facts should you know about Meijer?
- A Dutch immigrant, Hendrik Maijer first founded Meijer’s Grocery Store in Greenville, Michigan, 1934
- The company’s headquarters is located in Walker, Michigan
- There are more than 224 Meijer’s Grocery Stores in 6 states (Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin) which are most stores are located in Michigan
- Meijer’s Grocery Stores was the pioneer of modern superstore or hypermarket concept since 1962 by conmbining a multitude of merchandise and services under one roof
Teen Jobs at Meijer
Minimum age to work at Meijer is 16 years old (as mentioned on Meijer’s help page), then what jobs teenagers can apply at Meijer?
You must have a very inviting and friendly personality to assist customers starting from their arrival with their selection of shopping cart to the departure with a gratitude smile. You are responsible to assist them for any direction questions and offering weekly ads or coupons. Your desire to serve them with consistent attitude is very important for the company.
Warehouse Team Member
You are responsible in stocking and delivering all kinds of merchandise from meat, dairy products and other items. You must be willing to lift, carry, push, pull, and bend while handling product up to 75 pounds most of the time.
Courtesy Team Member
You will be assisting guests in the front area of the store like collecting carts, maintaining safety and cleanliness of entry ways and floors. You can work in a variety of working area including check lane and parking lots.
Meijer Job Application
How to apply jobs at Meijer as a teenager?
- To apply jobs at Meijer, visit its Career Page and search for available job listings in the nearest store in your location
- You may also be interested in Meijer’s Internship
- Most of their job listings have minimum age of 18, so if you are under 18, you should find a store and ask the manager if they can hire you
Meijer Career Video
Meijer Job Interview Questions
- How did you go out of your way to help out a customer in a previous work environment?
- What was the most difficult experience you’ve had while working in a retail environment?
- Talk about a time where you failed at something, what happened, how did you fix the issue?
- Why would your friends say about your work ethic?
- What is an example of great customer service?
Meijer Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get 10% employee discount on general merchandise in the store
- You will have an increase in hourly wage based on hours accumulated with the company
- There is 401 k plans and basic health insurance for part timers
- You will get paid time off after 6 months working
Are There Meijer Near Me?
Click the link below to find Meijer near you by using Google Map. (You might need to allow your browser to track your physical location).Find Meijer near you