- Hy-Vee is a supermarket chain which offers close to home fruits and vegetables that shoppers can trust. It is known for its excellent service and reasonable price.
- The company was founded in 1930 by Charles Hyde and David Vredenburg in Beaconsfield, Iowa.
- It began as a general store, called Hyde & Vredenburg Supply/Service Stores, which grew to become Hy-Vee.
- Currently, Hy-vee has over 240 stores in eight Midwestern states.
Hy-Vee has many career opportunities with full-time and part-time slots for entry-level applicants. They accept applicants who are at least 18 years old. Here are some of the jobs they offer:
The duties include greeting customers with a friendly smile, interacting with customers, assist customer inquiries, answering phone calls, prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary, watering plants, preparing daily deliveries, reviews the status and appearance of floral products for freshness, and runs the department registers and receives payment, makes change, etc. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, be able to do o arithmetic calculations, ability to file, post, and mail materials, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The duties include greeting and assisting customers, collecting payment, take food orders accurately and entering it into the computer, prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes, serving food and beverages to patrons, present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, wash dishes, stock service areas with supplies and clean tables and counters. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, basic math skills, knowledge in using POS systems, be able to lift up to 50 lbs., and excellent customer service skills.
The duties include setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment, preparing ingredients to use in cooking, ensuring great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served, keeping a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen, ensuring all food and other items are stored properly, checking the quality of ingredients, and monitoring stock levels. Candidates must have knowledge in using kitchen equipment, excellent communication skills, knowledge of various cooking procedures and method, a team player, and a high school diploma or equivalent. Must also have proven experience as a cook.
Hy-Vee Jobs Application
Interested in working for Hy-Vee? You may apply by submitting an online application on their site:
- Go to their career page: Hy-Vee Careers
- Click on search jobs to see all available positions on their stores.
- Choose the position you like and click on apply.
- It will then require you to sign up by filling up your details.
- Finish and submit your application.
Hy-Vee Job Interview Questions
- How would you handle a difficult customer?
- What do you know about Hy-Vee?
- What are three things you learned from high school that can be applied to Hy-Vee?
- How well do you handle pressure and deadlines?
- What are your hobbies?
Hy-Vee Job Benefits
- Generous Bonus System
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible Scheduling
- Profit-Sharing Trust and 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Program
- Service Recognition
Is There Hy-Ve Near Me?
As of August, 2019 Hy-Ve is available in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wisconsin - Locations might change in time as Hy-Ve open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Hy-Ve nearby? Find Hy-Ve near you