What facts should you know about Food Lion?
- Food Lion is an American grocery store company chain owned by Ahold Delhaize that serves customers with a double money back guarantee for their quality of grocery products
- Food Lion first store was founded in 1957 by Wilson Smith, Ralph Ketner and Brown Ketner in Salisbury, NC
- The headquarter is in Salisbury, NC
- There are more than 1,238 stores in 13 states of the Southeastern United States
Teen Jobs at Food Lion
What jobs teenagers can apply at Food Lion?
You will rotate products and place only salable merchandise on the shelves. You must maintain shelf allocations by stocking from tag to tag. Organizing the display is your responsibility. Provide quality customer service to customers through ensuring shelves are adequately stocked in the Grocery Department.
You are responsible to assist the drivers for merchandise deliveries. You will operate an Electric Pallet Jack and must be able to lift 40 lbs. You can work during weekends.
You will do mainly on administrative work such as processing various types of transactions, record on any price discrepancies and monitor daily sales receipts. You will assist to secure safe/ register at all times.
Provides quality customer service to customers in the Deli/Bakery Department.
Frozen Food/Dairy Associate
Provides quality customer service to customers in the eggs, milk, dairy, and ice cream areas.
Operates all Market Department equipment including slicer, grinder, scale, saw, knife, wrapper, and cuber.
Responsible for maintaining standards according to the Produce Standard Practice Manual.
Responsible for maintaining standards according to the Front End Standard Practice Manual, maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of Standard Practices.
Food Lion Job Application
How to apply jobs at Food Lion as a teenager?
Generally Food Lion hires 18+ years old and they offer 10-week summer internship experience. Positions at Food Lion’s 1,200 stores allow for flexible hours–offering ideal jobs for students and seniors. You may apply for a job in stores by asking for an application from the store manager. Detail of Food Lion’s 12-week paid corporate internship is posted annually from mid-November through December.
Food Lion Job Interview Questions
- Tell me a little about yourself?
- Why do you think Food Lion is a good fit?
- What is your schedule like?
- Tell me a time where you had to deal with a situation on your own?
- Do you have a reliable mode of transportation?
Food Lion Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will receive paid vacation and holiday time every year
- There is 15% discount for employee on merchandise
- A flexible schedule to fit your needs and school life
- You will get 401k which matches up to 2% and life insurance
Are There Food Lion Near Me?
Click the link below to find Food Lion near you by using Google Map. (You might need to allow your browser to track your physical location).Find Food Lion near you