Piggly Wiggly Facts
- Piggly Wiggly is a grocery store chain which first offered a self-service format to America which revolutionized the grocery industry.
- The famous grocery first opened its doors in 1916 and was founded by Clarence Saunders in Memphis, Tennessee.
- The origin of the name “Piggly Wiggly” still remains a mystery but story say it was when Saunders saw pigs wriggling out in a fence while traveling on a train.
- Currently, Piggly Wiggly has over 530 stores in 17 states in the U.S.
Piggly Wiggly Jobs
Piggly Wiggly accepts entry-level and teen applicants who are at least 16 years old. they have various job openings that have full-time and part-time positions. Some of the jobs they are looking for are:
The duties include scanning goods and collecting payments, handling cash transactions, redeeming stamps and coupons, resolving customer inquiries and guiding them, greeting customer who are arriving and leaving, keeping reports of transactions, maintain clean work area, bagging and boxing packages, and issuing receipts, refunds, change or tickets. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, strong communication and time management skills, attention to detail and have basic math skills.
The duties include comparing merchandise invoices to items actually received, designing and setting up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables, accurately receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise, stocking shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise and answering customers’ questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection. Candidates must have excellent organization skills, strong communication skills, attention to detail, basic math skills and be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Courtesy Clerk Bagger
The duties include greeting customers with a friendly smile, bagging groceries and help people out to their car if necessary, sweeping and mopping floors, retrieving cars from the parking lot, assist customers with additional needs, maintaining a safe and clean environment for customers. Candidates must have a friendly and approachable attitude, excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, dependable and excellent communication skills.
Piggly Wiggly Job Application
Piggly Wiggly is always looking for people to join their company. To apply for a job, you may submit your resume directly to the store at the information that is listed on the Piggly Wiggly Store Locator: Piggly Wiggly Stores
Piggly Wiggly Job Interview Questions
- What is your work ethic like?
- Why did you choose to work for Piggly Wiggly?
- What can you tell about the company?
- Why should we hire you?
- How would you handle a difficult situation?
Piggly Wiggly Job Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee Discount
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time off
Is There Piggly Wiggly Near Me?
As of August, 2019 Piggly Wiggly is available in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia - Locations might change in time as Piggly Wiggly open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Piggly Wiggly nearby? Find Piggly Wiggly near you