- Supervalu is a leader in the grocery industry which offers retail and wholesale products to its customers.
- The company was established in 1870 by its founder Hugh G. Harrison in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It has been around for over 140 years and stills continue to follow its roots in supplying retail and wholesale items.
- Today, Supervalu has more than 3000 stores located in the United States.
- SuperValu operates 2,505 food and food/drug combination stores, 878 in-store pharmacies, 117 fuel centers and serves as primary distributor to an additional 2,200 stores.
SuperValu’s retail network provide a wide variety of career opportunities and locations. The following opportunities will allow you to excel as a member of their store personnel: Service Deli Clerk, Bakery Sales Clerk, Meat Wrapper, Cashier/Checker, Stocker, and Clean-Team Member. You can apply for these positions at the kiosk inside your nearest retail location.
The minimum age to apply to their job is 18 years old in which full-time and part-time positions are available for them to choose. Some of the jobs they offer are:
- Deli Assistant
The duties include preparing customer orders across all fresh food areas, cooking, preparing and displaying the foods sold, and ensuring all counters displays fresh food. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, can multi-task, a team player, and can work in a fast-paced environment. HACCP training is desired but not required.
- Shop Floor Assistant
The duties include processing orders for various departments, coordinating with the store manager regarding changed in layouts and end to ends, implementing correct labeling and stock rotation procedures, and ensuring deliveries are checked off in line with goods inwards procedure. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, great organization skills, and a team player.
- Goods Inwards Attendant
The duties include checking and recording goods inwards against delivery docket received, keeping back areas secure, submitting all invoice/delivery documentation daily, and maintaining correct storage and documentation of returns. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, able to work at a fast-paced environment and a team player.
Supervalu Job Application
Supervalu is always accepting applicants and has many jobs available in various store locations. You can apply by visiting the site’s career page, click on “job search” and it will show you different positions available for that role.
Supervalu Job Interview Question
- Why do want to work for Supervalu?
- How can you provide good customer service?
- How do deal with an angry customer?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you know about the company?
Supervalu Job Benefits
- Offers competitive pay
- Health pursuit programs which aid in health expenditures of their employees
- Assist foundation which grants financial assistance
- Educational assistance
- Employee discounts
Is There Supervalu Near Me?
Needs to find Supervalu nearby? Find Supervalu near you