Jobs for Teenagers at NASA
- NASA started in 1958
- NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- NASA is responsible for aeronautics and aerospace research as well as the civilian space program
How Old to Intern at NASA
The minimum age to intern at NASA is 16 years old.
NASA Internship Preparation Program (IEP) provides an opportunity to work and explore career while still at school.
Internal appointments may be for an unlimited period without the not-to-exceed (NTE) dates or appointments with NTE date up to one year.
If you successfully complete the internship program without NTE date at NASA, you may be converted to a permanent job or work period of up to six years.
To be eligible for NASA IEP, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis
- Be pursuing a degree or certificate
- Currently have and maintain a 2.9 grade point average
- Be able to complete at least 640 hours of work prior to completing your degree/certificate requirements
- Meet any other requirements described in the announcement (some IEP positions require you to be pursuing specific majors)
- Why do you want to work for NASA?
- What does NASA stands for?
- How are you interested in geosciences?
- What skills do you have or how would you develop yourself to make yourself indispensable to NASA?
- What do you consider to be your strengths?
- Find other employers hiring teens in Government Institutions industry
NASA Job Application
As a federal agency, intern opportunities at NASA are posted on USAJOBS.
Please visit USAJOBS to begin your job search.