- Shoney’s is a casual dining restaurant that serves American favorites such as burgers, fries, pancakes, and salads.
- The restaurant was first opened in 1947 by Alex Schoenbaum in Charleston, West Virginia. It was originally named as Shoney’s drive-in restaurant but was changed 5 years later to Big Boy Restaurants. It was again changed to the now famous Shoney’s.
- Currently, it has 97 stores located in the United States.
Shoney’s has many job openings available for those who are looking to start their career in the food industry. They accept entry-level and teen applicants for full-time and part-time positions. The minimum age to apply is 18.
The duties include cleaning kitchen utensils, placing kitchen items in the right area, ensuring kitchen items are sanitized, and stocking and restocking items. Candidates must be friendly, a team player, have a driver licensed, can lift heavy objects and have excellent communication skills.
The duties include greeting customers with a warm smile, taking guest orders accurately, assisting with their additional needs, maintaining the work and dining area clean, and doing suggestive selling to the customers. Candidates must have a friendly and positive personality, quick, efficient, a team player and have excellent customer service skills.
The duties include greeting customers as they come into the store, identify the reserved tables of the customers and placing them, and answer customer queries, especially about the menu. Candidates must have great customer service skills, organize, pays attention to details, and friendly.
Shoney’s Job Application
Applicants who want to try a career at Shoney’s may apply thru the site’s career page. Click on apply and it will then redirect you to its online recruitment site. It will ask you to sign in and fill in details to be able to apply and search for available jobs at their stores.
Shoney’s Job Interview Questions
- Why should we hire you for this position?
- How would you handle an angry customer?
- What does customer service mean to you?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Can you tell me something about yourself?
Shoney’s Job Benefits
- Provides competitive pay
- Offers health and dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Free meals during shift
- Paid vacations
Is There Shoney’s Near Me?
As of May, 2019 Shoney’s is available in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia - Locations might change in time as Shoney’s open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Shoney’s nearby? Find Shoney’s near you