On the Border Facts
- It was founded on October 29, 1982 by three friends, and their first On the Border Branch was at the corner of Knox and Travis in Dallas, Texas.
- On the Border is now a chain of casual dining restaurants that offers Tex-Mex food in the United States (150 branches) and just recently, in South Korea (9).
- It is famed for its tortillas, chips, fajitas, margaritas, tableside guacamole, and Border-style food. It is famed for its “Guacamole Live”; that is the guacamole is prepared at the restaurant.
- It is now owned by Argonne Capital Group since April 24, 2014.
On the Border Jobs
On the Border offers a variety of hourly jobs in the different areas such as “Back of the House,” “Catering”, and “Front of House.” For hourly jobs, though, the usual jobs offered at Restaurant Bartender, Restaurant Dishwasher, Restaurant Host/ Hostess, and Restaurant Server. The minimum age to work for On the Border is 18.
Below are the essential duties of the following positions:
- Make sure that the drink made was consistently with quality by preparing orders and according with the recipes and guidelines
- Maintain a clean, sanitized, and safe work space, while giving “Every Guest is My Guest” service
- Greet guests in timely and professionally
- Suggest food and beverages to the guests
- Deliver food and beverage orders
- Ensure that all who buy alcoholic drinks are 21 years old and above
- Give guests and team members clean, sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware, and equipment
- Clean and maintain the dish machine
- Mop and sweep the floors
- Empty trash bin
- Wash plate-ware, glassware, silverware, pots/pans, and kitchen utensils, while following the sanitation and cleaning procedures
Restaurant Host/ Hostess
- Greet guests in a cordial way
- Converse with guests in a friendly way
- Suggest guests of the current specials, new items on the menu, promos, and Club Cantina
- Take care of the restaurant waiting list
- Ready the tables for the next guest
- Thank guests when they leave and invite them to visit the restaurant again
- Help other Team Members when needed
- Follow the safety and sanitation policies and procedures of the company
- Greets guests professionally, reviews specials, Club Cantina program, and menu options
- Take, delivery
- clear any food and/or beverage items on the new customer’s table
- Serve the food to the clients
- Take care of the needs of the customers (another glass of water, table napkin, and others)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work
- Help the other employees when needed
- Make sure that no alcoholic beverage is served among minors
On the Border Application
To apply hourly or part-time jobs, visit the Employment page and go to the Hourly Opportunities and click Apply Online. In this page, you will be guided by the “Career Search” by choosing your preferred location and job. You can also call the Restaurant Support Center at 972-499-3000 or email at [email protected].
You can also visit any of its branches to personally apply.
On the Border Interview Questions
- What makes you a good fit for the position?
- Have you done a similar job before?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What was your most difficult customer experience?
- What can you offer working for us?
On the Border Benefits
Although On the Border did not specify which are the benefits enjoyed by the part-time employees, the following are some of the benefits offered by On the Border:
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Performance-based Bonus Plan
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) savings plans with company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Employee Discount
- Free food
Is There On the Border Near Me?
As of May, 2019 On the Border is available in - Locations might change in time as On the Border open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find On the Border nearby? Find On the Border near you