Captain D’s Facts
- Captain D’s is an American casual dining restaurant that specializes in serving seafood cuisines.
- The restaurant was established on August 15, 1969, in Donelson, Tennessee. It was originally called Mr. D’s Seafood and Hamburgers but was later on changed to Captain D’s Seafood In order to focus more on serving seafood dishes like its classic shrimps and fish.
- Currently, it has over 500 restaurants located in the United States.
Captain D’s Jobs
Captain D’s offers various jobs especially for entry-level and teen applicants who want to start their careers in the food industry. There are full-time and part-time positions available for successful candidates. The minimum age to apply is 16 years old. Here are some of the available jobs:
- Guest Specialist
The duties include greeting the guest with a friendly smile, ensuring guest had an enjoyable experience, make a positive first impression, and answering queries about the menu and restaurant. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic, has a desire to learn, and a team player.
The duties include receiving payments and making an accurate change, managing the cash register, ensuring there are sufficient and concise funds on the cash drawer, answering customer queries about the menu and greeting the guest. Candidates must possess good math skills, pays attention to details, a team player and friendly.
The duties include preparing the menu order according to the recipe, ensuring proper food handling and safety is followed, using and maintaining kitchen equipment, monitoring the stock of food items, and coordinating with the server. Candidates must have knowledge on how to use kitchen equipment, can work in a fast-paced environment, and have experience in food preparation. Must also be friendly and be able to stand for a long period of time.
Captain D’s Job Application
Applicants who are interested in joining the team may apply through an online application. Visit the site’s career page and click on apply to see the available job positions on each store. Choose one that is most convenient, submit and click on apply.
Captain D’s Job Interview Question
- What can you tell about Captain D’s?
- Why do want to work with Captain D’s
- Why should we choose you for this position?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How would you handle an upset customer?
Captain D’s Job Benefits
- Provides competitive pay
- 401k plan
- Health and accident insurance
- Paid vacation
- Advancement opportunities
Is There Captain D’s Near Me?
As of May, 2019 Captain D’s is available in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia - Locations might change in time as Captain D’s open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Captain D’s nearby? Find Captain D’s near you