Alaska Teen Labor Law
- Teenagers under 14 can only do the following jobs: sell or deliver newspapers, babysitting, handiworks in private homes. You can also work in the entertainment industry, but with a work permit.
- 14 and 15 years old has working hours restriction: 9 hours of school and employment in one day between 5am-9pm, that means you are limited to work 23 hours in a week.
During holidays, the limit raises up to 40 hours per week but between in the same time (between 5am-9pm).
- You must have a working permit if you are under 17 years old
- You may not work in hazardous occupations if you are under 18 years old
- Learn more about Teen Employment Law in Alaska