Alabama Teen Employment
- Teenagers below 13 years of age are prohibited from working in a street or public place, you may not sell newspapers, magazines, periodicals, or candy
- Youth under 14 years old may work for educational, charitable, religious, scientific, historical, literary, or nonprofit organizations, solely on a voluntary basis
- While school is in session, 14 and 15 years old may work for no more than 6 days in a school week, for no more than 18 hours in a school week, for no more than 8 hours on a non-school day, for no more than 3 hours on a school day, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- While school is out of session, 14 and 15 years old may work for no more than 6 days in a workweek, no more than 40 hours in a workweek, between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. on any given day
- 16 and 17 years old may work in any jobs, except hazardous occupations.