McDonald’s is the leading global food service retailer with more than 31,000 local restaurants serving more than 58 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 75% of McDonald’s restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women. So what facts should you know about McDonald’s?
- In 1940, Richard and Maurice McDonald’s founded their first Barbeque restaurant in San Bernardino, California
- In 1955, Ray Kroc, founded the first McDonald’s Corporation in Des Plaines, Illinois
- The company’s headquarter is located in Oak Brook, Illinois but they plan to move it to Chicago West Loop, Illinois
- There are more than 14,155 McDonald’s restaurant locations spread in 45 states and District of Columbia
- McDonald’s predominantly sells hamburgers as its main products, then it added to various types of chicken, sandwiches, French fries, wraps, salads, soft drinks, breakfast items, and desserts.
Teen Jobs at McDonald’s
Depending on each store’s policy, the minimum age to work at McDonald’s is 14 years old but what jobs teenagers can apply at McDonald’s?
Crew members are divided into Kitchen Crew, Counter Crew, and Maintenance Crew. Minimum age is generally 14 years old.You will take customers’ orders and prepare the requested foods and drinks. You will work in a team to work together for the shift target goals. You must keep and maintain the cleanliness of the restaurant area and kitchen following the sanitation standard of the company. But most of all your smile to greet and welcome customers is really important.
You are responsible in preparing the food and maintaining the quality standard of the company’s recipe. You must keep the sanitation and safety procedures in the kitchen area. You can use the kitchen equipment and stocked silverware as requested.
Minimum starting age is 16 years old.You are the main force team to reach the sales goals of the restaurant. You are energetic and friendly individual to greet and take customers’ orders. You are willing to stand for long period of hours during your shift. You have a very good mathematical skills and can operate cash register well.
Have to be at least 18 years old. Manages people, product and equipment to execute outstanding food quality, customer service, and restaurant cleanliness. Ensures that wage and hour policies and procedures are followed.
McDonald’s Career Video
McDonald’s Job Application
How to apply jobs at McDonald’s as a teenager? Independent franchisees are not controlled by McDonald’s those working at franchised restaurants are not employed by McDonald’s. Therefore not all McDonald’s restaurants are participating in the on-line job application process.
Learn more about working at McDonalds or simply visit McDonald’s job search. If you can’t find your local McDonald’s listed within your State in the online job search, then find a McDonald’s near you and apply in person.
McDonald’s Job Interview Questions
- What did you do at your previous job?
- When would you be available to start?
- Why do you want to work at McDonald’s?
- Why do you think McDonald’s would be a good fit?
- Do you speak any other languages?
McDonald’s Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get raises: 50¢ after 3 months, 25¢ after 6 months, 50¢ after one year
- You have flexible working hours to adjust with the school schedule
- There is a training for new employees
- You will get free meals and uniform