A&W Restaurants Facts
- A&W Restaurants, Inc. is a well-known fast-food restaurant chain for its specialty in draft root beer and root beer floats
- A&W Restaurants comes from the initial last names from the two founders; they are Roy W. Allen and Frank Wright
- The first A&W Restaurants was established in Sacramento, California, 1923
- The company’s headquarter is located in Lexington, Kentucky, United States
- Drive-in restaurants with carhops can be found in a number of its outlets
A&W Jobs for Teens
Minimum age of employment at A&W is generally 16 years old.
Team Member provides good service and high-quality food in a friendly, clean, and fun environment. Some of the responsibilities are cleaning the store, preparing products, serving the guests, and ringing up orders. Minimum age is generally 16 years old.
As an Assistant Manager you should be applying the standards of QSC (Quality Service Certification), ensuring the integrity of the brands, and executing operational systems.
You will also support in the development of the Crew and Shift Leaders, while being the role-model of the standard performance, behaving in proper look and manners in any time.
Finally you will also contribute in achieving profitability through cost controls and shift management. Minimum age is generally 18 years old, some other locations or franchisee may require older than 18.
Shift Supervisors make decisions for the restaurant regarding food costs, food safety, labor costs, and employee relations. Shift Supervisor will also receive orders, process sales and taxes, and deal with customer issues besides giving motivation and training to the team members.
You will also monitor all service equipment, unload, stock and preserve required stock level. Minimum age is generally 18 years old, some locations and franchisee may require older age.
You must be familiar with cash register operation and able to stand for long hours. You should also be a friendly energetic individual that eager to serve customers better.
A cook needs to have enthusiasm and willingness to learn continuously. A cook should handle kitchen appliances with care and maintain cleanliness as well. You are also required to prepare and serve high quality food as the company standard.
A&W Restaurants Interview Questions
- What kind of person/co-worker would you find difficult to work with?
- What were your duties at your previous job?
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you do to ensure cleanliness?
- Why do you want to work here?
A&W Restaurants Perks, Benefits and Drawbacks
What other things you should know about working at A&W Restaurants
- 25 % Discount on food and free Root Beer
- There is not a paid training for new employees
- You must be able to learn from online module
- Flexible working hours for students
A&W Job Application
How to apply for teen jobs at A&W?
- Find A&W Restaurants Locations near you
- Download and fill in A&W Application for Employment
- Submit it to the nearest A&W Restaurant
Is There A&W Near Me?
As of May, 2019 A&W is available in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - Locations might change in time as A&W open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find A&W nearby? Find A&W near you