Books-A-Million is the third largest book retailer in the United States and also sells on the internet. They operate more than 200 stores in 18 states and the District of Columbia under the names of Books A Million, Bookland, Joe Muggs Newsstand, and Books and Company. Minimum age requirement to work at Books-A-Million is 18 years old with job opportunity as Bookseller or Café Barista. You must be 21 years of age or older to apply for Assistant Manager.
All Books-A-Million associates are required to sell the Discount Card (for which you receive $.75 a piece). The card provides a means for customers to save money on every item in the store. Bookseller and Café Barista positions are available for both full-time and part-time applicants.
- A love for books (Bookseller) or A love for coffee (Café Barista)
- Strong customer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Professional appearance
- Greet every customer with a smile and offer assistance immediately
- Café Barista: Provide excellent customer service, operate café equipment, and prepare coffee, espresso, assist, and thank every customer.
- Ring purchases on the cash register
- Explain the Discount Card Program to every customer.
- Provide a clean workplace.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal health and sanitation regulations.(Café Barista)
Read how much you will be paid in Book Stores industry.