Teen Jobs at Barnes & Noble
What jobs teenagers can apply at Barnes & Noble?
You must be able to identify customer needs and providing recommendations for the best solutions. You must have sufficient products and technical knowledge for all digital products and services as well. You will assist in recovering the selling floor for gathering and picking up items, straightening bookcases, and maintaining tables during each shift.
You will serve customers properly by receiving, sorting, and returning freight. You will assist to offer order, membership program, and perform fast cashiering. You must maintain a clean organized receiving area at all times.
You are responsible to prepare and serve food and drinks with timely manner. You have to maintain product presentation standards and café cleanliness following the company procedures. You will assist in opening and closing of the café and protecting the company assets.
Please note all applicants must be 16 years old to apply at Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble Facts
- Barnes & Noble is the largest retail bookseller in the United States. It sells various contents of digital media and educational products such as books, DVDs, graphic novels, gifts, games, magazines, newspapers, toys, music, tablets and Nook e‑readers
- Barnes & Noble was founded by Charles M. Barnes, William Barnes, and G. Clifford Noble in New York City, New York, 1886
- The company’s headquarters is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- There are more than 600 stores in 50 states and District of Columbia
Barnes & Noble Job Application
How to apply jobs at Barnes & Noble as a teenager?
Barnes & Noble Job Interview Questions
- What is one thing you stay up to date with?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- What do you do when you’ve finished your assigned work?
- What was the last book you read?
- Favorite authors and books?
Barnes & Noble Job Perks and Drawbacks
- Things you should know about working at Barnes & Noble?
- You will get 30% in books and gifts and 50% off in café mostly in everything
- There are paid holidays, paid personal days, and paid sick days for part time employee (20+ hours a week)
- A flexible working hours suitable for students
- You will get free snacks and coffee
Is There Barnes & Noble Near Me?
As of December, 2020 Barnes & Noble is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - Locations might change in time as Barnes & Noble open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Barnes & Noble nearby? Find Barnes & Noble near you