Barnes & Noble College Facts
- Barnes & Noble College is a retail company that delivers essential educational content and tools in the campus environment.
- The company was first opened in 1965 by founder Leonard Riggio in Manhattan. It became an independent company in 2015 and goes by the symbol BNED in the stock exchange.
- Currently, it operates 773 campus stores nationwide and has served over 6 million+ students and faculty members.
Barnes & Noble College Jobs
Barnes & Noble College welcomes teen and entry-level applicants to join their company and help them in their academic journey. They offer both full-time and part-time positions plus excellent benefits for successful candidates. The minimum age to apply is 16 years old. Here are some of the jobs they offer:
Bookseller – General Merchandise
The position is assigned in the general merchandise department with duties such as greeting customers, describing merchandise, recommend products, and finalize sales, assisting customers with school supplies, gifts, dorm, and clothing, maintain and clean work area. Candidate must have a friendly personality, excellent customer service skills, organize, and have basic math skills. A high school diploma or GED is required.
The duties include greeting customers, answering inquiries, shelve and arrange products, restocking and assisting with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments. Candidates must have High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills and customer service skills. Must also be able to remain in stationary positions for a period of time and be able to do frequent lifting.
The duties include coordinating and executing all Home Office mailing needs including, distribution of all incoming mail, processing of outgoing mail, couriers, and packages, assisting with facilities request, and delivering mail and packages to all internal departments. Candidates must have strong customer service skills, be proficient with Microsoft Office, and be able to lift up to 25 lbs. A valid driver’s license and high school diploma or GED are required.
Barnes & Noble College Job Application
Interested applicants may apply online by visiting the sites career page. A list of available positions will be posted for you to choose. After selecting the job position you want, you will be then required to register to their career site to continue with your job application. Here is a link to the company’s career page:
Barnes & Noble College Job Interview Question
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you want to work for Barnes & Noble?
- Why should we hire you?
- How can you provide excellent customer service?
Barnes & Noble College Job Benefits
- Offers complete Health Care Coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Employee assistance hotline
Is There Barnes & Noble College Near Me?
As of July, 2019 Barnes & Noble College is available in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin - Locations might change in time as Barnes & Noble College open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Barnes & Noble College nearby? Find Barnes & Noble College near you