- Scheels is a sporting goods retailer which offer sporting materials and gear every day use, hunting, fishing, camping and much more. It is one of the largest sporting goods store in America.
- The sporting company was established by Frederick A. Scheel in 1902 in Sabin, Minnesota.
- It began as a hardware and general merchandise store from the money he earned in his first harvest of potatoes.
- In 1954, he then added sporting goods with expanded product selection the store began to be recognize and grow.
- Today, Scheels has about 27 store locations in the United States.
Scheels has various positions to begin and advance your career. It has both full-time and part-time positions available with great benefits. The minimum age to apply for a position is 16 years old. Here are some career opportunities available:
The duties include responding to customer needs, request and provide assistance, greet customers with a friendly smile, processing customer transactions accurately and efficiently, recording daily transactions and counting money to balance drawers, and maintaining a clean work space and appearance. Candidates must have excellent customer service and communication skills, strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multitask and problem solving skills, perform basic math, a team player and be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Must also have 2-3 months related experience or training.
Freight Hang & Fold
The duties include greeting customers and co-workers, tag, fold, hang and price merchandise to be put out on the sales floor or in back stock, lead Hanger Management system, order and organize all supplies for processing, organize checked in freight to be processed by date, attaching identification and price tags, and efficiently handle incoming merchandise. Candidate must have strong organization skills, excellent customer service and communication skills, basic computer skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must also have a high school diploma or General Education Degree; and/or 1-3 months of data entry experience
Upper Midlines Support
The duties include unloading product from freight, restocking merchandise on sales floor and bringing product to the floor for display, assisting customers and sales people with retrieving and loading purchased product, and maintaining a clean appearance and work area. Candidate must have basic math skills, strong organization skills, be able to multi-task, can work independently or with a team, excellent communication skills, and has strong attention to detail.
Scheels Job Application
Scheels has many things to offer for interested applicants. To submit an application, visit their career page: Scheels Careers to see a list of all available positions in their stores.
- You can apply online by: filling out an online application on the career page
- Apply in person by stopping by at the store location specified in the job listing.
Scheels Job Interview Questions
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Why did you choose Scheels?
- What are your best qualities?
- What is Integrity to you?
- How do you handle a customer conflict?
Scheels Job Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Store Discount
- Health, Dental, and Accident Insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time off and Holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Is There Scheels Near Me?
As of August, 2019 Scheels is available in Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin - Locations might change in time as Scheels open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Scheels nearby? Find Scheels near you