What facts should you know about DICK’s Sporting Goods?
- DICK’s Sporting Goods was founded by Richard “Dick” Stack in his hometown, Binghamton, New York, 1948
- The company’s headquarters is located in Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
- There are more than 610 stores in 47 states not including Alaska, Hawaii, and Montana
- DICK’s Sporting Goods is one of the largest sporting goods retailers that sponsors a number of sporting events like USA Team Summer Olympic 2016, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Running, and Golf
- In 2016, Dick’s Sporting Goods won the auction for its rival Sports Authority’s brand name and intellectual property
Teen Jobs at DICK’s Sporting Goods
What jobs teenagers can apply at DICK’s Sporting Goods?
You will serve and inspire every guests or athletes by giving appropriate recommendation for their sport equipment to meet their needs. You must have full knowledge of merchandise apparel and equipment brands in sporting goods.
You are responsible to do operations or maintenance duties of the store daily. You will assist the unloading of trucks and processing of freight by following the company safety policies and procedures.
Customer Service Specialist
Your main responsibility is to be customer service provider at the front end by promoting company programs such as warranty sales, private-label credit cards, Scorecard (loyalty program) and other seasonal promotions. You will be a liaison between customers and management.
DICK’s Sporting Goods Job Application
How to apply jobs at DICK’s Sporting Goods as a teenager?
- You must be 18 years of age or older to apply at DICK’S Sporting Goods
- Visit DICK’s Sporting Goods Career page and search for store jobs for hourly positions
- You could also find a DICK’s Sporting Good store before searching for jobs or if there is no job found in your city
DICK’s Sporting Goods Job Interview Questions
- How would your experience in sport help you with customers?
- Do you have any recommendations for our company website?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Are you afraid to try and convince someone to buy more items?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
DICK’s Sporting Goods Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get 25% discount for employee and spouse
- You must be able to work in weekdays, weekends or holidays
- A flexible working hours suitable for students
- You will get hands on and informative training