- Buc-ee’s is a chain of convenience stores and gas station which is known for its clean restrooms and large stores.
- The company was founded in 1982 by Arch “Beaver” Aplin III and Don Wasek in Lake Jackson, Texas.
- The name of the company was derived from the combination of Aplin’s childhood nickname and the name of his Labrador. The mascot was inspired by an Ipana’s toothpaste.
- In 2012, it won an award as the Cleanest Restrooms in America.
- Currently, Buc-ee’s has 36 store locations in the United States.
Buc-ee’s has many great opportunities to offer for their employees. They accept entry-level and teen applicants who are at least 18 years old (19 in Alabama). They also have both full-time and part-time jobs available. Some of the jobs offered are:
The duties include transacting customer items for checkout on POS units and all acceptable methods of payment, settling shift Pay Point reports, transacting beer purchases, balancing cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift, processing exchanges and refunds and assisting in stocking, rotating merchandise and marking labels. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, basic math skills, knowledge in P.O.S. functions, be able to work in a fast-paced environment and can lift up to 50 lbs. A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
The duties include preparing Buc-ee’s unique food service menu offerings, following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines for all products, coordinating with store management and store associates, interacting with customers and maintaining a clean work station. Candidates must have knowledge in using kitchen utensils and equipment, be able to stand for 8 hours or more during the shift, be able 40 lbs., excellent communication skills, and punctual. A restaurant or retail experience is preferred.
The duties include managing daily bookkeeping and reporting outcomes to management, completing and posting the control of store cash, fuel, and inventory of shift reports, balancing numerous daily cash register reports and safe drop log to the cash deposit, preparing the Daily Settlement Report, preparing bank deposits, and filing store bookkeeping copies. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, great organization skills, knowledge in POS front counter and PDI, advanced math skills and cash handling and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Buc-ee’s Job Application
Buc-ee’s is always looking for people to hire. To join their wonderful team, an online application must be made. To do this:
- Go to the company’s official website and click on their career page.
- Choose and click between retail opportunities and home office opportunities.
- You will then get to type the position and location you want or click on search to see all the list of jobs available.
- Click on apply. It will then require you to sign up to their career page.
- Fill in all the details required and submit your application.
Buc-ee’s Job Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work for Buc-ee’s?
- Have you ever been late?
- What are the 3 qualities that best describes you?
- How do you handle a complaint?
- What are your goals?
Buc-ee’s Job Benefits
- Offers Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid time-off and Holidays
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- Employee Discount
Is There Buc-ee’s Near Me?
Needs to find Buc-ee’s nearby? Find Buc-ee’s near you