Camp Galileo Facts
- Camp Galileo is a summer camp industry which offers fun activities to kids while they learn, interact and socialize with others.
- The camp was founded in 2001 by CEO Glen Tripp in Palo Alto, California. It has received many awards such as one of the Best Small Companies in America in 2017 and The Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
- Currently, it operates 45 campsites which are located in the United States.
About Camp Galileo
Camp Galileo’s program combines art, science, and outdoor enrichment curriculum with team-building exercises and traditional camp activities. Summer Interns aid instructors in classroom and activity preparation. Lead Instructors, many of whom are classroom teachers during the school year, deliver instruction in the art, science, and outdoor activities.
You must be at least 16 years old by the first day of camp and have a work permit. High school students are allowed only as summer intern. College students are allowed to be Team Leader/Assistant Instructor. Although the Camp Galileo will begin on June, the enrollment for summer internship will begin in January.
- Support all aspects of camp, especially camp operations and behind the scenes
- Work closely with the Camp Director and Operations Coordinator to complete various administrative duties throughout the day and week
- Assist Instructors with set up and clean up in Major and Minor classrooms
- Help motivate and provide in-classroom support of campers in their particular Majors and Minors
- Support set-up of, contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, snack and lunch
- Interact with our campers’ families on a daily basis with a positive, professional and fun attitude
- Collaborate and cooperate with fellow staff members to provide an unforgettable camp experience for your campers – and yourself
Camp Galileo Jobs
Camp Galileo is a fun place to work in especially for those love to work with kids. It accepts entry-level and teen applicants whose age must be at least 16 years old. Jobs can be full-time and part-time. Some of these are:
- Team Leader
The duties include guiding pre-K to 5th-grade campers, creating a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers, working with instructors to develop valuable lessons and techniques and make every moment memorable to campers. Candidates must be friendly, enthusiastic and out-going. Must also love playing outdoors and working with children of all ages.
- Art Instructor
The duties include teaches basic principles of art, supervising and assisting children in activities and coordinating with other instructors in developing techniques and activities for children. Candidates must have experience in teaching art, a Bachelors degree, and be willing to do a background check for any criminal records.
Camp Galileo Job Application
Applicants who want to try a career at Camp Galileo may apply online by visiting their career page on the link below. Fill up the details required or upload your resume in the site to apply.
Camp Galileo Job Interview Questions
- How would you encourage a child who doesn’t want to leave mom’s side on the first day at camp?
- How comfortable are you with being silly in front of a group?
- Why do you want to work for Camp Galileo?
- How do you handle a challenge that comes in your way?
- How would you comfort a kid when they’re upset?
Camp Galileo Job Benefits
- Fun work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Provides competitive pay
- Offers insurance benefits
- Performance bonus
Is There Camp Galileo Near Me?
Needs to find Camp Galileo nearby? Find Camp Galileo near you