What facts should you know about Kohl’s?
- Maxwell Kohl opened the first Kohl’s as a grocery store in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1927
- Now Kohl’s is one of the largest department store chain by the number of stores
- The company’s headquarters is located in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- There are more than 1,162 Kohl’s stores across 49 states
Teen Jobs at Kohl’s
Candidates must be at least 17 years of age and be able to pass a drug screen to apply hourly job at Kohl’s. So what jobs teenagers can apply at Kohl’s?
You must have very good product knowledge to assist the customer’s questions and find their needs. You will serve as the department expert in specific merchandise, services and procedures. You will do 5 Basic tasks such as replenishment, signing, sizing, clearance and cleaning store.
You possess the highest level of effective problem solving for an excellent Customer Service You will be assisting guests with a selection of appropriate merchandise fulfilling their specific needs. You must maintain the display and condition of fitting room, sales floor, and work areas to Company standards and procedures. You must be 18 years old to apply this position.
You are responsible in greeting and offering assistance to customers following Company’s 5 steps GREAT program: Greets Customer, Requests Credit, Explains Email, Asks to complete the Survey and Thanks the Customer. You must be willing to stand or move around the departments within the store during your work shift.
You will be responsible for unloading, processing and stocking all incoming freight to the sales floor and stockroom areas. You must be be available for working overnight and early morning (5am).
You will be responsible for creating an environment of good customer service through ensuring customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently, reinforcing Customer Service Desk standards and resolving customer problem. You must be available to work in the evenings/nights and also on weekends.
You will be responsible for greeting and offering assistance to customers as needed. This position is generally part-time with open and flexible hours.
Kohl’s Job Application
How to apply jobs at Kohl’s as a teenager?
- Visit Kohl’s Career page
- Learn more FAQ for Store Applicant
- You may also be interested in Kohl’s Internship
- Find Kohl’s stores near you and hand in your resume
Kohl’s Career Video
Kohl’s Job Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work at Kohl’s?
- What is an important aspect of retail?
- What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?
- Is the customer always right?
Kohl’s Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get 20% discount on everything in the store including the use of coupons
- You have flexible working hours to adjust with the school schedule
- There is cost saving Wellness Center and gym membership at Wisconsin Athletic Club
- During busy weeks and holidays they offer double hours and bonus $2 or $3 hourly