What facts should you know about Michaels?
- Michael J. Dupey, a businessman, opened the first Michaels retail store in Northtown Mall in Dallas, Texas, 1973
- The company’s headquarters is located in Irving, Texas
- There are more than 1,367 Michaels retail stores across 49 states and District of Columbia
- Michaels retail stores focuses its services in selling arts and crafts products, including scrapbooking, kids’ crafts, paints, framing, beading, baking, floral items, knitting, rubber stamping, home decor items, greenery, and many seasonal items
Teen Jobs at Michaels
Minimum age to work at Michaels is 16 years old with working permit. But you have to be at least 18 years old to operate machinery.
What jobs teenagers can apply at Michaels?
You will serve as Merchandise Stocker in duty of receiving, keeping record, and presenting merchandise items following the company procedures of services. You must be willing to work starting at 3 am depending on the store need and schedule.
You are responsible in administering store paperwork and giving support function as needed. You will maintain the records of store sales, daily deposit, direct freight shipment and payroll. You must be a dedicated individual to create an efficient and effective operation of store administrative works.
You possess the highest level of creativity, enthusiasm and passion for Arts and Crafts works. You will deal directly with one-on-one interaction with customers and demonstrations. You will provide an exceptional superior product knowledge and maintain the proper in-stock level to support sales goals.
Michaels Job Application
How to apply jobs at Michaels as a teenager?
- Go to Michaels Career page
- Choose hourly positions for retail stores
- You can also find a store and ask the manager if they are hiring
Michaels Job Interview Questions
- Why do you want to work at Michaels?
- How am I going to contribute to the growth of the department?
- Tell us about a time you disagreed with someone in a group?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation?
- Can you work weekends, nights and holidays?
Michaels Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will get 30% off all purchases except clearance
- You will get paid sick hours
- There is dental, vision and death benefits even for part time employee
- There is Michael’s Cares which is a system where employees can donate and receive money in case of an incident such as an accident or loss of a burning house
Is There Michaels Near Me?
As of December, 2017 Michaels is available in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming - Locations might change in time as Michaels open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Michaels nearby? Find Michaels near you