Résumé means summary in French. It is curriculum vitae or CV but shorter. Some employers require you to have a resume to apply for a job. It describes about who you are, your background and skills.
You must only write what is true in your resume without exaggerating words. Your resume should be brief, clear and concise with the last date the resume was modified.
How to make a teen resume?
When you make your resume, you need to make sure to include the following information:
full name,first and last name. Do not use nickname or your child name. Your gender; female or male. Your date of birth.
- Your address, city, state and zip code.
- Your phone number, cell phone or email address (make sure your resume is sent to real employers when giving this information)
- Your education background (that is your school name, school level and school period in year)
- Your interest or activity (this shows your interest such as gaming, modelling, automotive)
- Your working experience (voluntary work, or any other job experience)
- Your skills and languages (experienced in child caring, Spanish – Intermediate Level)
- Your coursework or certification (driving license, scuba certifications, CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen Supplement)
Should I include my photo?
Not necessary No, except if you apply for fashion related jobs.
How to Get References
If you’ve never had a job you can list non-family references who can verify your education, achievements and values. It can be your high school teachers, college professors, coach or instructor. You must get their approval before you include them on your application.
References are earned not owed. You should not help someone with the intention of making that person your reference only because of the title that person owns. Choose people who have the opportunity to observe your work and take time to get to know the people through social events, or even go for a coffee or lunch together, or by offering your support or help when needed.
Be sure to immediately notify them each time you submit their name as a reference, so they will be ready if they are called.