- PetSmart is a pet retail chain which specializes in offering services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets.
- The company was established in August 14, 1986 by W.R. Ford Smith II, Jim and Janice Dougherty in Phoenix, Arizona.
- PetSmart was originally named as PetFood Warehouse until 1989 wherein Its name and logo was changed to what its known today.
- Today, the company has about 1500 stores located in the U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico.
PetSmart can help you start your career by its various job openings which accepts teens and entry-level applicants. The minimum age to apply for a position is 16 years old. Some of the jobs offered are:
Retail Custodial Associate
The duties include cleaning front walks and columns by power washing and removing any snow or ice by shoveling/applying pet safe ice melt, requisitioning supplies and equipment needed to management for cleaning and maintenance duties, gathering and emptying all trash, disposing the trash in the designated canister outside of receiving, and cleaning the store floors by sweeping, mopping, running the auto scrubber, and vacuuming. Candidates must have excellent communication and customer service skills, strong organization skills, hardworking and have a friendly and enthusiastic attitude.
The duties include answering incoming phone calls from pet parents, assisting with scheduling appointments, and answering all questions about store services, answering each call thoroughly ensuring all information is correctly obtained from the pet parents, and providing feedback to supervisors on processes and customer interactions as necessary. Candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent, strong grammar and communication skills, excellent customer service skills, be punctual and attentive to details.
Pets Hotel Associate
The duties include greeting pets and pet parents with a friendly smile, assisting and informing customer of pet services and solutions, interacting with pets by playing with them during doggie day camp and feeding them, maintaining a safe and clean work area, taking care of pets during night shift ensuring to tend on all pet needs such as food, medications, etc. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, a team player, ability to multi-task, friendly and enthusiastic attitude, and dependable.
PetSmart Job Application
If you want to show your love for pets every single day, then PetSmart is the perfect place for you. They are always searching for people to join their pet loving team. To apply, you need to submit an online application by going to their career page: PetSmart Careers
Choose the position you want and click on apply. You will be then required to sign up to their career page by filling up your contact details. Register and submit your application.
PetSmart Job Interview Questions
- How would you handle an unsatisfied customer?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work for PetSmart?
- What improvements will you bring?
- Why should we hire you?
PetSmart Job Benefits
- Fun work environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive wage
- Paid vacation and Holidays
Is There PetSmart Near Me?
Needs to find PetSmart nearby? Find PetSmart near you