Are You Ready to Start A Career?
Employee is a person who is hired to do a specific job for wages or salary and is under the employer’s control.
It doesn’t sound fun at all right? But what is the main reason you want to work? Besides having and developing job experiences, skills and knowledge, money is probably the main trigger.
If you are sure you are ready to pursue a career, then you should understand that you will
- interact with new people
- be responsible with money
- learn completely new things
- do more physical labor
- have less leisure time
Do not work for the following reasons:
- You work because you are lazy to study at school
- You work because you avoid the household chores from your parents
- You work because you simply want to make new friends
The National Associations of Colleges and Employers, NACE, published eight competencies that employers are looking for in job seekers :
- critical thinking / problem solving
- oral / written communication
- teamwork / collaboration
- digital technology
- professionalism / work ethic
- career management
- global / intercultural fluency