What facts should you know about Hickory Farms?
- Hickory Farms is an American specialty foods company which specializes in food gift boxes and baskets of summer cheese, fruit, nuts, sausage and sweets
- Hickory Farms first store was founded in 1951 by Richard Ransom in Toledo, OH
- The headquarter is now in Chicago, IL
- There are more than 537 stores in 45 states across the USA
Teen Jobs at Hickory Farms
What jobs teenagers can apply at Hickory Farms?
Seasonal Sales Associates
You are responsible to offer samples and sell merchandise to customers. You must be a friendly passionate individual who will engage directly to customers to improve sales and increase their loyalty.
Seasonal Store Managers
You will provide guest service excellence by dedicating yourself and the team to meet sales objectives and promote high quality food products and gift sets. You must follow the company retail selling strategies and guidelines.
You will be responsible to the overall management and operation of the store such as recruiting new Sales Associates, doing the interview, and hiring them. You will train them according to company retail selling strategies and guidelines.
Full time seasonal leadership positions supervising 5-8 kiosk locations. Positions start in late September and last through the holiday season. Must have management experience, good communication, organization, leadership and training skills; sales experience preferred. Must be willing to work weekends.
Assistant Team Lead
Assists in supervising one holiday gift center according to company policy so as to maximize sales and profits, and minimize loss. The Assistant Team Leader recruits, trains and directs his/her associates. Assists in ensuring recruiting, training and directing his/her associates and that all associates are actively sampling and selling at all times.
Store Team Leaders
Full-time seasonal leadership positions overseeing 1 kiosk location. Positions start in mid-October and last through the holiday season. Must have management experience, good communication, organization, leadership and training skills; sales experience preferred. Must be willing to work weekends.
Just be positive, friendly, outgoing, enjoy customers and be willing to sample products to customers. Previous retail or sales experience a plus. Hours are flexible and may vary; weekend and night availability a plus. Positions available starting in October through the holiday season.
Various needs in different regions for seasonal physical labor which may include driving in some locations. Positions available starting in November through the holiday season.
Hickory Farms Job Application
How to apply jobs at Hickory Farms as a teenager?
Minimum age to work at Hickory Farms is generally 16 years old.
Hickory Farms Job Interview Questions
- What do you know about Hickory Farms?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Do you have transportation to work?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Can you sell me this pen?
Hickory Farms Job Perks and Drawbacks
- You will receive 40% discount for any items
- There is an additional $0.50 for each hour you worked that season if you stay until the end
- A flexible schedule to fit your needs and school life
- You will get online training as well as on the job training