Banana Republic Facts
- Banana Republic is a clothing and accessories retail company which offers clothes that is infused with style with substance.
- The company was established in 1978 by Mel and Patricia Ziegler in Northern California. It was originally called Banana Republic Travel & Safari Clothing Company.
- The concept of their store was a safari-themed location and has hand-drawn catalogue of items with fictional traveler stories printed alongside.
- In 1983, It was purchased by GAP Inc. in which it changed its name to Banana Republic.
- The company today has about 642 store locations worldwide.
Banana Republic Jobs
Banana Republic offers various job opportunities for individuals who are searching for a career in the retail industry. They accept entry-level applicants who are at least 18 years old. Some of the jobs available are:
The duties include greeting customers with a friendly smile, interacting with customers and assisting with inquiries, using suggestive selling, handling all customer interactions and potential issues and returns, supporting sales floor, fitting room, cash wrap, back of house as required and educate, inform, inspire and wardrobe the customer. Candidates must strong communication skills, excellent customer service skills, passionate about retail, be able to work in fast-paced environment and a problem solver.
The duties include educating customers about our loyalty programs, serve as a role model, using suggestive selling, collaborating with employees, assist with service leader duties, support completion or work processes before or after the store closes, building and sharing expertise in an assigned specialized functional area. Candidates must have current or previous retail employee with 6 or more months of experience, strong communication skills, excellent customer service skills, strong leadership skills, be able to travel, hardworking and be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
The duties include supporting the execution of shipment and receiving processes to floor ready standards, execute sales floor replenishment, performing transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, completing re-tickets and online orders, finishes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner, model brand image and achieve priorities in store, and ensuring consistent execution of marketing, visual standards and presentation to promote sales. Candidates must have experience in customer service related field and retail, strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills, a team player, ability to work under pressure, and be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
Banana Republic Jobs Application
Applicants who are interested in a career in Banana Republic may apply online by:
- Go to the company’s official site and click on careers: Banana Republic Careers
- You will be given a list of all available positions in their stores. You may also use the search bar to easily filter your chosen position.
- Click on apply.
- You will be required to sign up to their career page to submit your application.
Banana Republic Job Interview Questions
- Would you be OK with 100% systems job?
- How would you prioritize your task?
- Why do you want to work for Banana Republic?
- How would I handle a difficult customer?
- What’s a difficult situation where you were able to go above expectations?
Banana Republic Job Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching
Is There Banana Republic Near Me?
Needs to find Banana Republic nearby? Find Banana Republic near you