- Benihana is America’s first Japanese teppanyaki restaurant. It started in 1965 in West 56th street, New York and was founded by Hiroaki Aoki, also known as Rocky Aoki the famous wrestler.
- The restaurant was named after his parents’ Tokyo coffee shop which means the red safflower.
- Currently, it has over 70 restaurants located in the United States, Caribbean, Central, and South America.
Benihana is always looking for people who are willing to apply and join their team. Entry levels are welcome to apply for full-time or part-time positions. The minimum age to apply is 18 years old. Here are some job positions available:
The server’s task includes but not limited to welcoming and greeting guest when seated, accommodating customer queries, taking food or beverages orders from guest, delivering food to tables, clean and prepare tables, and completing opening and closing checklist. Candidates must have a High School diploma or GED, work-related experience for at least six months, and food handler’s card and alcohol awareness training certification
Chef’s duties include preparing and cooking food according to the recipe, performing a cooking show for the guest on assigned tables, engaging with the guest, provide information on the foods that they are cooking when asked by the guest, and use kitchen equipment. Candidates must be able to pass a Benihana chef training program to apply. Must also have excellent customer service skills, excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills, can stand for a long period of time and familiarity of proper techniques and equipment in the kitchen.
- Restaurant Manager
Restaurant manager responsibilities include supervises inventory and ordering of food and supplies, ensuring that the guest has a nice experience in the restaurant, supervising the day to day operations, and optimizing profits. Candidates must have minimum one-year management or supervisory level experience, high school diploma or GED equivalent and has Serv-Safe and alcohol service certification.
Benihana Job Application
Applicants who are interested to work at Benihana can visit the restaurant’s career page to apply. Choose the position you want to apply to and it will show you a list of available openings to its various store locations. Once you have selected, click on apply to be redirected to its online application site. Enter your contact information and work details to submit and apply.
Benihana Job Interview Question
- Can you tell me something about yourself?
- How do you handle angry customers?
- What can you tell me about Benihana?
- Are you a team player?
- Why do want to work at Benihana?
Benihana Job Benefits
- Provides competitive pay
- Fun work environment
- Offers a flexible schedule
- Free meals during working hours
- Paid vacations
Is There Benihana Near Me?
Needs to find Benihana nearby? Find Benihana near you