Black-eyed Pea Facts
- Black-eyed Pea is a casual dining restaurant chain that serves delicious home-style cuisines such as fried catfish, mashed potatoes, and pot roast.
- The restaurant first opened its doors in 1975 in Dallas, Texas. It was founded by Gene Street and Phil Cobb.
- Currently, it has about 10 restaurants located in the United States.
Black-eyed Pea Jobs
Black-eyed Peas offers jobs for all types of applicants especially teens and entry-levels. They have both full-time and part-time positions for their employees. The minimum age to apply is 16 years old. Here are some of the jobs they offer:
The duties include greeting customers and assisting them to their seats, answering customer queries about the menu, assist in assembling and preparing food orders, maintaining the dining area clean, and serving food orders. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be enthusiastic and outgoing. Must also be able to stand for a long period of time and be able to lift up to 16 pounds.
The duties include taking food orders accurately, making a good first impression to the customers by greeting them with a friendly smile, manage the cash register, coordinate with the server and cook, and collect payments and make change accurately. Candidates must possess basic math skills, excellent customer service skills, a friendly attitude and honest. Must also be able to carry objects that are at least 15 pounds, can stand for a long period of time during shift and has knowledge in operating a cash register.
The duties include ensuring dining area is clean and well-maintained, ensuring there are clean tables for the guest/customers, assisting the guest with additional needs, mopping the floors, bus tables, and assisting the server when needed. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to lift objects that are around 40 pounds and have excellent communication skills. Must also have knowledge with operating a tea machine and a mop wringer.
Black-eyed Pea Job Application
The restaurant may not always be hiring but it welcomes applicants to apply and contact them when they need it. There are two ways to apply in the site’s career page:
- Walk-in applicant: For walk-in applicants, you can download their job application form. Go to the store nearest to you and submit the form. Then ask the manager directly for the interview schedules in their store.
- Online application: For online applicants, click the online application. Fill out the details required and submit to apply.
Black-eyed Pea Job Requirements
- Able to walk at a rate of 0.25-1 mile per hour for up to 6-8 hours
- Able to lift 16 pounds from 31 inches to 42 inches for up to a minimum of 12-14 times per hour
- Able to stand constantly for up to 6-8 hours a day
- Can read English or Spanish
Black-eyed Pea Job Interview Question
- Why should we hire you?
- How would you handle a stressful situation?
- What does good customer service mean to you?
- What adjective best describe your personality?
- What can you tell me about the company?
Black-eyed Pea Job Benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- Provides competitive pay
- Offers benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee discounts
Is There Black-eyed Pea Near Me?
As of June, 2019 Black-eyed Pea is available in Colorado, Tennessee, Texas - Locations might change in time as Black-eyed Pea open new locations or close old locations.
Needs to find Black-eyed Pea nearby? Find Black-eyed Pea near you