About the job: The overall projected growth of counter and rental clerk from 2016 to 2026 is 5 percent, which is as fast as average for all occupations.
Where will you work: Rental stores, Cashiers Area,
What will you do: Order receiving, usually in person, for rentals, repairs and other related services. May also compute and estimate costs, upselling and accept payments.
How to become Counter and rental clerk: There is no formal education requirement for Counter and rental clerk, and may have on-the-job training which usually lasts few days to few weeks when the need arises.
- Exceptional Customer Service – Must know principles and processes in providing good customer service.
- Interpersonal skills – Pleasing personality and friendliness is also pertinent to the job since it deals with daily interaction with people who are customers
- Sales – Knowledge of selling products and services depending on the need of the customer.
- Clerical – Simple procedures such as managing files and records.
- Basic Computer Literacy – Basic knowledge on computer operation
Industry: Customer Service, hospitality industry
Minimum age: Generally 16+
Expected wage: $13.12 per hour
Similar name: Counter clerk, Cashier, Clerk, Rental attendant, Customer Service Representative
Related jobs: Customer Service Associate (CSA), Customer Service Representative (CSR), Sales Clerk
O-NET Online Reference
41-2021.00 – Counter and Rental Clerks