2020 Pōhai Maile Internship Program
The Pōhai Maile Internship is a three-week program designed for high school students to learn about the National Park system, its efforts to protect natural, cultural, and historical resources, and potential careers.
Applicant must be:
- A Hawai‘i resident
- Currently enrolled in a Hawai‘i high school as a student from grades 9-12
- Available full-time between June 22-July 10, 2020 (7:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.) plus travel time.
- Able to provide own daily transportation to and from designated pick-up sites at the War Memorial
Stadium in Wailuku or Eddie Tam Gym in Makawao. Free transportation to and from these sites will
be provided by the park.
- Able to attend internship orientation with parent/guardians on June 18, 2020 (5:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m.).
- Able and prepared to work outdoors at sea level and at elevations between 7,000-10,000 feet in
varying weather conditions.
- Able and willing to hike daily over rough and uneven terrain and participate in backcountry and
multi-day trips on Maui.
- Able to provide own accommodations – Park housing is NOT available
Applications and other required documents must be received by 4 p.m. March 31.
For more information, contact Honeygirl Duman at (808) 572-4455 or Bennadette_Duman@nps.gov.