Saguaro National Park Youth Conservation Corps
Saguaro National Park is offering a summer Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) program to youth, ages 15-18. YCC is an 8 week youth employment program for boys and girls consisting of three main components: conservation work, environmental education and outdoor recreation.
The Saguaro YCC program runs for 8 weeks typically from the 1st week in June to the last week in July each year.
The application period is open each year from April 1st thru April 30. Applications must be emailed or postmarked by April 30th each year.
To be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 18 years old at the start of the program.
- Have not participated in a YCC program in the past year for more than three months
- Be able to work the entire 8 weeks.
- Be able to transport yourself to and from Saguaro National Park each week.
- Have a willingness and ability to work hard in the outdoors.
- Relate well with others and have a positive attitude.
Enrollees will be selected, at random, at the beginning of May. All applicants will be contacted by May 14th.