PrepareRI Internship Program 2020
INTERNSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Attend Rhode Island public schoo Junior in high school (2019/2020 school year)
Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2020
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete online PrepareRI Internship Application
- Complete interview with Skills RI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 22-26, 2020 or June 29-July 3, 2020
- Interns must commit to a minimum of 150 hours of work and a maximum of 240 hours AND a
minimum of 6 weeks and maximum of 8 weeks between June 29-August 21, 2020
- Have a flexible schedule for work during the summer*
The PrepareRI High School Internship Program is a rigorous work-based learning experience where current juniors are placed in a 6 to 8 week paid summer internship. Students selected into the program will make $11.25/hour and can earn up to 4 college credits.
Applications open on November 1, 2019 and are due by December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm. Late applications or incomplete applications will not be accepted.