2020 Newton's Summer High School Internship Program
Students are expected to work between 10-15 hours a week for six weeks beginning on July 6th, 2020 and ending on August 14th, 2020. There will be required orientations for both interns and mentors before the session begins. Additionally, as part of the program, all young people must participate in skill-building workshops each week that teach interview skills, workplace communication, team building, resume writing, and so much more. These workshops take place in Newton City Hall and are 2.5 hours long.
High school students who have completed a minimum of 9th grade are eligible to apply. Students in grades 10-12 are also eligible. Applicants must either be a Newton resident or attend a school in Newton. Young people must also have the ability to travel to and from their job site and weekly workshops. Transportation is not provided, but we are able to provide T passes for those who need them. (see more information below on transportation and eligibility)
Applicant Qualifications and Other Important Information
- For enrollment in Summer 2020, applications will be available beginning the first week of
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning the first week of December 2019 and ending
in April, 2020. There is no cost to families to apply or participate.
- Qualified candidates must be able to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week and attend the
weekly skill-building workshop at City Hall with their intern classmates.
- Candidates must be available for the program dates: July 6th - August 14th. Students who are not
available for a minimum of 5 out of 6 weeks will NOT be considered.
- Students must be, at minimum, in 9th grade at the time of application. Students in grades 10-12
are also eligible.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Youth Services, Quinn Etchie, at email@example.com.