2019 Lake County Summer Youth Employment Program
Mar 31, 2019
5:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Lake County, IL 18 N County Street, Waukegan, IL 60085
Applications for the 2019 Lake County Summer Youth Employment Program are being accepted through March 31! The program, funded by the Lake County Board, provides meaningful work experiences for participants, who will work at various sites in Lake County.
To qualify for employment, youth must be:
- Age 14 to 18 (by April 15) OR age 14 to 22 with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Attending middle school or high school
- Receive free or reduced lunch OR meet low income guidelines
You can pick up an application at any of these locations:
- Waukegan Job Center, 1 N Genesee Street
- Many local township offices or schools
- You can also print or fill out an application online at www.lakecountyjobcenter.com
Applications will be accepted at the following locations:
- Waukegan Job Center (in person)
- By mail (Job Center of Lake County, Youth Dept., 1 N. Genesee St. Waukegan, IL 60085)
- By fax: 847-377-3474
- You can apply online February 1 through March 31 at www.lakecountyjobcenter.com
Mailed applications must be postmarked no later than March 31 in order to be considered. We
cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
Only one application, per person, will be accepted. Applications will be randomly selected by
a computer program.
Check the Job Center website after April 15 for the status of your application. Work
opportunities for participants will begin June 17, 2019 at sites throughout Lake County. The
program lasts approximately 6 weeks.